The Registration Department performs a number of functions covering both academic and administrative needs of our students and alumni. Registration for courses, being the primary function of the department, can be done through the Student Portal. However, through this page it is our endeavor to provide information and steps required for frequently requested services. Please go over each and contact us if you need more information.
Telephone: 703 941 0949
Extensions: 132, 135, 136 & 138
- Change of Academic Program
- For requesting a change in your academic program, please process the following form and submit at the Registration:
Change of Address
If you change your address please follow these steps:
- Update your address using ‘Edit Profile’ in the Student Portal.
- Fill and submit the following form in the Registration office:
- If you change your address please follow these steps:
- If you are on F-1 including OPT, OPT Extension or have applied for reinstatement, also fill and submit the AR-11form to USCIS: (Form: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/ar-11.pdf )
- After completing the above mentioned steps, contact the DSO to confirm that your address has been updated in the SEVIS.
Change of Concentration Within the Same Program
- For requesting a change in your concentration, please process the following form and submit at the Registration:
Change of Name
- If during your stay at UNVA your name is changed, please submit the following form along with the supporting documents: (Form: http://www.unva.edu/forms/change_of_name_form.pdf )
Copy of one the supporting documents is required:
- Social Security Card.
- Marriage Certificate.
- Court Approval.
Course Substitution and Waiver Form
- For substitution a course or requesting a waiver, please process the following form and submit at the Registration:
Graduation Application Form
- Graduating students must fill and submit the following form by Mar 15.
Manual Registration Form
Fill the following form if you:
- Cannot register online.
- Need to Add/Drop course(s).
- Want to withdraw from course(s).
- Form: http://www.unva.edu/forms/regi.pdf
- Fill the following form if you:
- Student may request refund request for reasons listed on the following form. Before submitting the form please read UNVA’s Refund Policy.
- It takes a minimum of 2-3 weeks for the approved refund request to be processed.
Request to Complete Course Work for Incomplete Courses
- A grade ‘I’ is awarded if a student fails to complete the course deliverables. To request completion of the course, the student must process the request through the following form and submit course work within the stipulated time:
Student Services Request
Fill the following form if you need a letter about:
- CPT Completion.
- Full-Time Status.
- Course Completion.
- Inviting Family Members to Graduation.
- Tuition Payment and Business Ledger.
- Form: http://www.unva.edu/forms/studentservicerequest.pdf
- Fill the following form if you need a letter about:
Transfer of Credit
- UNVA permits a maximum transfer of nine credit hours in the graduate program.
- If you want to transfer credit(s) from other college/university, please submit the following form:
- Submit the following form at the Registration Department if you want your official transcripts to be picked up in person or mailed to other college/university, place of employment or INS: Form: http://www.unva.edu/forms/transcriptrequest.pdf
- Before filling the form please read the ‘Information’ points listed on top.
- Ensure to select the desired ‘Type of Service’ and ‘Pick-up Option’ on the form.
- Please reconfirm with the Registration Department for any charges for the service provided.