You must submit the following items to USCIS within thirty (30) days of OPT request:
1. Completed form I-765 (downloadable at http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-765.pdf). In the Item 16, Please fill (c) (3) (C) in the form.
2. Submit an official cover letter from current employer includes the following: Employee’s name and job title, briefly describe the job responsibility, employment commencement, employee’s email address, E-verify company name & number, supervisor’s name, job title, email address, and contact no.
3. Make Check or Money Order payable to “U.S. Department of Homeland Security” in the exact amount of $380 (USD)
4. Copies of all your I-20s including previous universities attended. (in chronological order)
5. Copy or copies of all identity pages from the student’s passport and (if applicable) dependent passports
6. Copy of both side of I-94, Departure Document
7. Copy of visa on your passport
8. Two (2) passport size photos, on a white background, taken no earlier than 30 days before submission to USCIS. Print your name and I-94 number at the back of the photos.
9. Copies of any previously issued Employment Authorization Documents (EAD).
10. Submit a notarized photocopy of your STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) degree.
11. Official transcript of the STEM degree.
12. Photocopy OPT request I-20.
13. Original cover letter from UNVA recommending OPT application for the student.
• You may receive your 17-Month Extension Employment Authorization Card approximately between 75 days and 90 days. Please bear in mind all approval time frame of receiving the employment authorization card may vary.
• You are allowed to continue working with your current employer up to 180 days from the OPT card expiration date while your application is pending.
Keep copies of all documents submitted to USCIS, and mail your application and required supporting documentation to USCIS.