University of Northern Virginia
FACTS Tuition Payment Plan
UNVA offers a plan to help make it easier for students to budget and pay for tuition.
Here's how it works
UNVA is working with FACTS Nelnet Business Solutions Management Company of Lincoln, Nebraska, to offer you a tuition payment plan! FACTS Nelnet Business Solutions manages the payment plan by collecting tuition payments for UNVA. It’s a way to help you pay your educational expenses.
• The plan is run quarter semester-by-quarter semester.
• Your payments are automatically deducted from your bank account or an American Express, MasterCard, or Discover Card
• There’s no coupon book or billing statements.
• There's no time spent writing and mailing checks.
• You can view your account online through FACTS Nelnet Business Solutions' Web site
How to enroll
Go to our school website or your Student Portal, under My Account, click on the FACTS Pay Plan button to complete your transaction online.
• The minimum amount that can be budgeted through the plan is $25.
• Payments are deducted on the fifth of the month or twenth of the month for both automatic bank and credit card payments.
• A $25 non-refundable fee to participate is required each quarter semester you're on the payment plan.
• Student require to clear their previous balance to be eligible for enrolling in eCashier .
• You get two more tries after a payment is missed. If on the third try, there isn't enough money in your bank account or your charge card has reached its limit, FACTS Nelnet Business Solutions will notify UNVA, which then has the option of canceling your classes (the bill will remain due).
• Sorry, but you cannot use the payment plan for books, CPT and first two quarter semesters with UNVA. You will be eligible to enroll with E-Cashier only from your 3rd quarter semester.
• If you drop, add a class or your loan is disbursed, you must notify the Business Office so that an adjustment can be made to your payment plan.
• If you default on your payment plan, you will not be able to participate for one year from the time you pay off your plan.
About automatic bank payments
If the money in your account is not there when the deduction is made, you will be assessed a $25 missed payment fee by FACTS Nelnet Business Solutions. Your financial institution may also charge an additional fee.
About credit card payments
A convenience fee is charged each month when you use the credit card option for payment. There is also a missed payment fee for credit cards if the card has reached its limit when the monthly tuition payment is due.